CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Two weeks and counting...

since I've had my last sip of pop. I wanted to beat my poor husband yesterday after he kept having me hold his can of mountain dew for many different reasons... that was a real test. At one point I yelled at him for it, but then had to give myself a little pat on the back for being so aware of my goal. I had to give up my goal of working out today on the other hand because I'm sad to say that I need new shoes. Pregnancy really does a number on you... but you don't often think about the long term effects on your feet! I heard that it happens, but just hoped it wouldn't to me. Lasting 25 minutes (all I have worked up to so far) on the elliptical is hard enough without also dealing with cramped and throbbing toes... I doubt I'm actually using the machine correctly at that point.

Next goal, force my lazy butt to work out after I get home at the end of the day... that is a tall order. I can't even remember the last time I did that! I'm sure it's been years. Working out in the morning before my sunshine got here was a little more do-able than it is now, though I'm sure that's more likely than trying to work out after I get home after working all day. Hmm... I guess we will see if I feel adventurous when I get home tonight, or if I can force myself to get out of bed early tomorrow morning... I'll let you know.

2 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'm impressed. I'd die without my soda. I don't drink coffee so that's how I get my caffeine.

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed you've cut out soda!

I've been on a LONG weight loss journey too. I found your blog when searching health and fitness! Welcome to the club. You can find my blog at http://lindseysmixed.blogspot.com/

Hope to share stories!