CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pop... it has to go!

Call it what you may... Pop, Soda, Coke (referring to all types of carbonated beverages... must have been a southern thing), I have to give it up. I never would have said that I'm a regular pop drinker... but in all reality I am. If I can consume a can everyday... even just one... if it's there I drink it... then I'm a regular. I cut back when I was pregnant, on most days I would only have a few sips of my husbands Mountain Dew if I was really tired or really craving the carbonation. See, that is the real problem... the carbonation has some magical way of pulling me in, especially when the pop is very cold. I LOVE A&W Root beer... especially when eating pizza, I love a fresh fountain coke from McDonalds, I love an icy cold Mountain Dew on a hot summer day. IT HAS TO STOP!

For the last two weeks I've been telling myself that I need to stop drinking it, I've done it before, I can do it again! Yesterday was the first day that I didn't have a single one, not even a sip from my husbands. It's hard because my office now supplies a plethora of types in the kitchen fridge, and my husband is truly addicted to Mountain Dew having at least four every single day. So far today I haven't had one either. The next thing I would like to give up is my morning coffee with flavored creamer. I have never been the type of person to really enjoy saying that "i need" something. I feel like whatever it may be... controls me, it has a say to how my day is going to go, if I'm going to be in a good mood or not... all with if I have it or not.

Something else that I'm happy to say I have not had in a couple weeks now... chocolate from the office candy bowl! The last two days have been hard since they added little wrapped "Mounds"... YUM!!! But as I almost stopped for one an hour or so ago, I thought about how long it's been and how I wouldn't be able to say that it's been a while since I gave in... if I actually gave in. So... I continue my candy aversion power... for now.

So far today I've had:
Breakfast: Coffee, cherry almond instant oatmeal
snack: yogurt and a fiber one bar

Lunch: healthy request frozen meal (one of the new steamer ones without the pasta) and some mixed veggies... cause I didn't like the veggies that came in the meal.
snack: cantaloupe and red grapes

Water so far: about four cups.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember when we'd order Cherry Coke or Coke with grenadine whenever we'd go out?? :)

Audrey's Mommy said...

Sadly I do, very clearly... oh that sounds good!